Friday, September 18, 2015

Christmas Card + Ornament in One!


Hi, friends!  I'm back with another Christmas card made with products from The Stamps of Life, and this one has a fun TWIST to go along with it!  Not only is it a card, but it's also a handmade gift--and ornament--that fits into the card and can be taken out be the recipient!  Take a peek...


I used the *NEW* stockings4Christmas, patterns4stockings, and Stocking Dies to create this card.  I also used a circle die from the Hello My Friend Dies and some vellum from my stash--I have SO much because I purchased a bunch over a year ago and it just stays in my drawer.  It needed to come out and be used! ;)  


To help hold the velum on as an "envelope" for the ornament, I added two chevron buttons to hold it place.  I decorated inside the circle die, too, so that when the ornament is taken out, the card is still cute enough to display!


The sentiment is from the stockings4Christmas set.  I LOVE the font and it was perfect as a banner across the bottom of the card.  To balance the sentiment out, I added a banner of wood banner pieces, inked and heat embossed with Powdered Sugar Ink, to the top.



I am REALLY happy about how this card turned out!  I hope you like it, too!  I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below! :)


I'm entering my card/gift into these fabulous challenges~


(That vellum--it needed to be used!  Plus cardstocks, as well.)

(See above.)


Thank you so much for stopping by today, friends!  I hope you take some time today to join in the fun with these fabulous challenges!  I'll be back again later with more paper crafts.  Until then, HUGS and Merry stamping! :)

blog sig 2015-16 photo Signature_1.png

Project supplies:

14 comments:

Fabiola said...

Super sympa Mynnette, joli idée de 2 en 1, biz

Carrie said...

Mynn, this is so adorable! And I just love that the recipient gets not just a cute card but an ornament also! Genius!

JoAnn said...

A great idea to include the ornament on your card. The stocking is so cute and your card is lovely. Thanks so much for joining us at Christmas Card Challeges this week.

SmilynStef said...

What an adorable way to gift an ornament ... so glad you shopped your stash with us at jingle belles.

Marsha Reed said...

Very cute card, Mynn! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges. Marsha DT @ SCCC

Desire Fourie said...

Mynn this is such a fun Christmas card idea which is also a lovely gift idea with the ornament.
{I would love you to take part in my 1,100 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck}. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Inkyfingers said...

What a fabulous card Myn and such a clever idea to have the pop out ornament gift! Love it.
Thanks for sharing with us at Simply Create Too.
Hugs
Carol x

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is so beautiful Mynn
Gr Karin

Jerrie said...

Now this is a very clever idea!! Love your cards!!

jasann said...

Just love this card Mynn, what a fabulous idea to add an ornament!!!! thanks for sharing!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Holy smokes Mynn, how CUTE is this! A darling little ornament and I love that you decorated the empty space when it's removed!

lauren bergold said...

oh WOW! that is as clever as it is cute, which is saying something! (& a BRILLIANT use of the vellum, as well!) thanks for shopping your stash with us at ♥JINGLE BELLES♥!!!

Taunya Butler said...

AMAZING, CLEVER and SO COOL!!!

Donna said...

Fab idea to do a card and ornament together!! Thanks so much for joining the Shopping Our Stash crew & Jingle Belles for our Stashy Christmas challenge!!