Monday, October 5, 2015

CASE-ing Christmas: Challenge #30


Dashing through the snow... I am SO excited that Christmas is getting closer and closer!  If you haven't started your holiday cards, I hope you join us at CASE-ing Christmas this month for our CASE challenge!  This month, we are CASEing the lovely Asha.  Take a peek at her card...


I LOVE the gorgeous snowy sky and lovely scene that Asha used for her card, so I decided to do something similar.  Check out my card...


I used a set from Close To My Heart to create my scene, but the sentiment is from the October 2015 Card Kit from The Stamps of Life.  I added faux snow pen, glitter, and liquid pearls after coloring with colored pencils.  I LOVE all the beautiful textures that are on this card--it looks so cool IRL!



To create a snowy sky like this, you need to start by stamping and heat embossing your snowflakes with clear embossing powder.  After you do that, and they cool, you sponge ink over them, then gently wipe the ink off of the flakes and voila!  I then added some liquid pearl dots for more shine and additional "snowflakes".


I absolutely adore the way this card turned out!  I was worried I'd mess it up, but taking it step by step helped me stay on track. ;)  I hope you like it, too--and please do leave me a comment below to tell me your thoughts!


That's all for me right now, friends!  THANK YOU so much for stopping by!  I hope you come and join us at CASE-ing Christmas, and make sure to check out the inspiration from the other gals, too!

Click the links to check out our team's cards~
Asha | Belinda | Cohenna | Claire | Daen'Ys | Donna
Emily | Judy | Lisa Mynn | Rocky | Steph | Taunya

I'll be back later with more crafty makes!  Until then, HUGS and MERRY stamping to you all!!!

blog sig 2015-16 photo Signature_1.png

8 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely! Jo x

Lisa Elton said...

Such a pretty winter scene, this is marvelous Mynn!!

Pia S said...

Such a cozy and peaceful Christmas scene and the snowflakes brightens up the night sky.

The EmBellished Card - Belinda said...

Lovely card. The scene is so welcoming. Love the liquid pearls really makes the 'snow' stand out.
Blessings,
Belinda

Brawny x said...

Fabulous cards x

Donna Nuce said...

Hi Mynn! Loving how you did your sky on this! Also love the scene you created on the card. Gorgeous card! Have a great day!

Rosmarie said...

Mynn, I love the beautiful winter scene you created and all these fluffy snowflakes falling over the peaceful landscape!
Hugs, Rosi

Peanut said...

Oh my!!!! Super stunning card, Mynn. LOVE all the elements you picked from my card to make this spectacular wintery scene. The falling snowflakes are make it truly special. Thank you so much for making and sharing this lovely card.
hugs, Asha